CORONAVIRUS LATEST UPDATE – 4th June
Due to changes announced by the Government on 3rd June, we will now be able to offer treatment by David, Dean or myself from 1st July.
There are changes to be COVID19 compliant so please read this.
But you no longer need to be in pain.
I am pleased to let you know that I plan to re-open my clinic for a limited number of either face to face or virtual (video) consultations from Wednesday 1st July. This will be in line with guidelines set out by Public Health England (PHE), COVID-19 Infection, Prevention & Control (IPC) and my professional body, the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP).
We have installed a new system in the clinic to allow virtual consultations. These have been tested and shown to be an acceptable alternative, in some cases, to face to face treatments.
The clinic will be initially reopening with myself, David or Dean on Mondays and Wednesdays. Opening times and staff availability will expand as demand increases.
Please be advised that Sarah has sadly left us and taken a position outside of physiotherapy. We wish her well.
As you will expect, both for your safety as a client and for the safety of my practitioners, considerable measures must be put in place which will greatly change the way that face to face consultations are carried out:
1. COVID-19 Symptoms Check
Clients must not attend if they are suffering, or have suffered, from any symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 7 days, or have come into contact with anyone suffering any symptoms in the last 14 days.
Every new client will be required to follow a 2-step process before a face to face consultation can take place:
- Telephone triage – a short free call to establish what the problem is and confirm that neither you or anybody else in your household is suffering from COVID-19 symptoms. Questions like: are you feeling unwell, have fatigue, a fever, lost your sense of smell.
- Virtual assessment – questions to establish if you are deemed in a high-risk group to this virus; questions like, are you very overweight, a diabetic, have cancer, rheumatoid arthritis, any medical reasons why your immune system will be depleted.
Then we would be asking specific questions about your problem to make a provisional diagnosis and develop a treatment plan that may include coming in for hands-on treatment.
For existing clients, a brief screening questionnaire should be answered over the phone or during your virtual consult, before booking a face to face appointment to confirm if you or a member of your household have COVID-19 symptoms.
Questions like, are you feeling unwell, have fatigue, a fever, lost your sense of smell.
For those clients not currently in pain, but would welcome advice on Wellness, a virtual consultation may be an attractive alternative, as it requires zero travel or risk.
3. Appointment Duration:
Face to face consultations will be 25 minutes, or a double session 50 to 55 minutes. The treatment time will be shortened slightly to allow time for cleaning. This will avoid increasing prices to cover extended sessions purely for cleaning.
4. Maintaining a Safe Environment.
When you attend a face to face consultation, please note:
- Hand sanitizer or handwashing must be used on arrival and departure.
- You will be required to wear a face mask to further protect you.
- We will be treating in PPE (mask, apron, gloves).
- You will not be able to wait within 2 metres of another client inside the clinic whilst social distancing is in force. Alternatively, you may wait in your car.
- Only one person will be allowed in the clinic room at a time with the therapist (carers/guardians attending the clinic only by prior agreement).
- Where another person is required to provide transport for the client, that person will be required to wait in the car.
- Clients cannot bring children with them.
5. Prices and Payment
• Our prices remain unaltered, although there will be slightly shorter treatment times to allow for cleaning.
• All virtual consultations will be charged at face to face rate per 30-minute session.
• I regret your virtual or face to face appointment will not be confirmed without payment in advance by card or BACS. This is due to the limited number of appointments on offer when we start phase one of opening.
• No refunds on missed appointments or cancellations without 48 hours’ notice.
• Any cancellation by the clinic will be fully refunded.
We will be offering the following treatments:
- Acupuncture and Gunn IMS dry needling for pain
- Shockwave for painful tendons
- Laser for pain relief
- Joint mobilisation/manipulation for stiff painful joints and spinal discs
- Pulsed short wave for inflammation and pain
- Deep Oscillation Therapy for pain relief, swelling, stiff joints & tissue
- Exercise Prescription & Sports Rehabilitation & Biomechanics
7. Post Treatment
Ongoing appointments will not be booked on site. They must be booked by telephone during the opening hours of the clinic, starting as Mondays & Wednesdays only as of 1st July. As the appointment has been prepaid, this allows you to leave the clinic as soon as your treatment is finished.
Should you require a face to face consultation with myself or the team and agree with the conditions set out above, we will start with a phased return taking provisional bookings from Wednesday July 1st. Please contact me via email or telephone;
firstname.lastname@example.org 01889 881488
Virtual consultations may be booked instead of live face to face if we deem it unwise for you to attend due to poor health.
Keep safe, healthy and active.
Remember your 4 Keys To Health: healthy mind, diet, body and lifestyle.
BSc(Hons), BSc, FiSTOP, AACP, PE, MCSP, HCPC Reg
Consultant Pain Physiotherapist
For more information and address;